- Step 1 – Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
- Step 2 – Click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
- Step 3 – Enter the Aadhaar number and captcha.
- Step 4 – Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Step 5 – Enter the OTP that is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Step 6 – Next, select ‘Update Demographics Data’.
- Step 7 – Select the relevant options on the next page and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Step 8 – The changes can be made on the next page. Upload the relevant document next.
- Step 9 – Next, you must review the details that have been entered.
- Step 10 – Next, submit the change request. You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to track the status of the address change.
What are the Details can be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Online?
- Currently, you can update the address, name, gender, and date of birth details online. However, your mobile number must be linked with your Aadhaar to make the changes online. You will have to visit an Aadhaar enrolment centre in order to make any other changes to the Aadhaar Card.
The functionalities are broadly grouped as :
Main Service Dashboard: Direct access to download Aadhaar, Order a Reprint, Address Update, Download offline eKYC, Show or Scan QR Code, Verify Aadhaar, Verify mail/email, retrieve UID/EID, Request for Address Validation Letter
Request Status Services: To help resident check the status of various online requests
My Aadhaar: This is a personalized section for Aadhaar holder where the resident will not have to enter their Aadhaar number to avail Aadhaar services. In addition, this section also provides facilities for the resident to lock/unlock their Aadhaar or Biometric Authentication.