Dragon Fruit : Gujarat government has made big announcement for farmers cultivating dragon fruit, find out what’s in the news Incentive assistance to farmers cultivating lotus fruit will be paid directly from the DBT to the farmer’s account. check more details for below.
The Gujarat government has made a big announcement for farmers cultivating dragon fruit. State Agriculture Minister Raghavji Patel said that a total of Rs.1000 lakh would be provided to farmers cultivating lotus fruit i.e. dragon fruit and Rs.650 lakh would be provided to farmers under comprehensive horticulture development.
The farmers of the state will benefit greatly
- With a good amount of important vitamins and minerals in dragon fruit, the area under this crop can be increased rapidly with the aid program for cultivation, as well as the dependence on imports from abroad can be reduced.
- If the Gujarat farmer gets the necessary financial assistance against the initial high investment, the Gujarat farmer will get ample opportunities to earn foreign exchange by exporting to other countries. Payment directly from the DBT to the farmer’s account.
3 lakh per hectare and 4.50 lakh per hectare
- A maximum of RS. 3 lakh per hectare will be provided to the general caste farmers cultivating dragon fruit and a maximum of RS. 4.50 lakh per hectare will be provided to SC / ST farmers within one hectare limit.
650 lakh assistance to farmers under CHD
- In addition, Comprehensive Horticulture Development provides assistance to farmers in perennial fruit planting, assistance in irrigation equipment, horticultural mechanization, horticultural infrastructure, vermi compost unit, plastic cover, financial assistance in various components such as individual farmer, FPO, FPC, Total. A decision has been taken in the interest of the farmers to start a program of RS. 650 lakhs
- A total amount of RS. 1650 lakh has been allocated by the State Government for both the programs for this incentive assistance.